Friday, April 25, 2014

Transnational and Cultural Studies Reading

Hello everyone, just wanted to assign Raka Shome's "Post-Colonial Reflections on the ‘Internationalization’ of Cultural Studies" as my reading for next week. I would also recommend the issue's introduction, as it covers quite a bit of what I'll be discussing.

Both are available on Google Drive here. Please let me know if you have any trouble downloading it!

While it is in no way, shape, or form required reading, I will also be referring to Slavoj Žižek's "Happiness After September 11" (Welcome to the Desert of the Real! Ch. 3), "History Against Historicism" (European Journal of English Studies  2000, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 101-11), and the introduction to The Fright of Real Tears: Krzysztof Kieślowski Between Theory and Post-Theory, along with Walter Benjamin's "Theses on the Philosophy of History" (Link) within my slideshow.

No comments:

Post a Comment